Saturday, April 24, 2010

Good for you!

Deniserita is showing the GJA this weekend , all by herself!
I am so sorry I can't be there too!
But I don't have a job- that means NO money.
So I've hit the internet hard looking for something. After all I have always told my kids that even a job at a burger joint is better than no job at all.
And my darling daughter Lil Mama reminded me of that fact just the other day. She said it in a very haughty way too! I was a little hurt.
I mean I have worked my whole life- since I was 14 I have had a 'real' job. No time off for good behavior. ( And only a little time off for Bad behavior!)
I have been enjoying this last month of being un-employed however.
I have baby sat Jr a LOT!
And I painted my kitchen and started painting the family room.
And have planted flowers and trimmed bushes.
And ridden my horse when it wasn't freezing cold or raining.
And worked on a few magazine articles.
And I am going on a mini vacation with my Hubby on Tuesday. We haven't been away, just the two of us, in a very long time!
But then- I really have to find a J O B.
Can't keep the horses without one, and my girlfriend is showing without me!
I just hope I don't have to wear one of those silly yellow and orange hats....

4 comments:

Maia said...

Oh don't you just hate the choices. A job so that you can continue everything you love or the freedom to do everything you love; because somehow it never quite works out that you can ever have both. Chin up, with your brains and savvy, I'm going to bet money you don't end up asking some jerk if he'd life fries with his order. There's a great job, if there can ever be a "great job" for a highly creative person, just waiting for you.

Vaquerogirl said...

Thanks Maia! I need all the support I can garner right now!

Sandra said...

I know how you must feel. I live on a US military base in Germany and am a German Citizen. I am looking for a job for so long and can't find anything. A friend of mine applied for a job with the Community Bank and got it right away, without having any experience at all. I wanted to apply too but was told that I have to bring a degree and lots of experience in banking only because I am a German Citizen. I was like "Really? If I was an American Citizen I could get the job but because I am German I have to bring totally different qualifications?" and the Manager was like "Yes!"
Today I had a job interview with McDonalds. Did you know they have Assessment Centers for McDonalds in Germany?

I am not taking the job with McDonalds. They want to be able to call you in round the clock and that for 400 Euros a month? REALLY? I rather keep looking than flipping burgers... not under those conditions!

Vaquerogirl said...

Sandra, keep looking! I know there will be something out there for both of us!