NO resolutions this year. I made a few last year and wound up hearing God laughing through most of them.
Instead here are a few 'truths' I've figgured out for myself. Call me Captain Obvious if you will, but here they are in black and white.
9. Always make sure you have enough return money for a trip back to the BART Station from where ever you are in SF. If you don't have it, borrow it. Sure as shootin' you're gonna need it.
8. The day you decide to dress a little down is the day the Boss notices you.
7. Never ever leave the house with out looking in the mirror, front and back. You may have a pair of static electrified underwear plastered to the back of your sweater.
never ever put on make-up with out your glasses. Trust me, You can thank me later for that little tip...
5. If you bid on an item on a whim- make sure it is a whim you are prepared to live with and pay for.
4. Nothing in life is a sure thing.
3. When you start thinking that the Universe has forgotten all about you- it hasn't. It's just biding time to give you what you need.
2. Learning to live with a fully grown daughter in your home is the greatest gift I've ever received.
1. Whoever said that Grandchildren are the fountain of youth was right! I sleep like a baby after he's gone, Cry like a baby when he goes away and Drink like a fish in the time in between!( so the metaphor is flawed- sue me!)
What wisdom's have you learned this year? I'd be so happy to find out!
3 months ago