Ten Good Things about One Day Horse Shows
10. They are usually close to home.
9. Not too many trainers there.
8. Teaches your horse that he has to stand tied to a trailer.
7. Not very expensive
6. Stress level is half of what a big show causes.
5. You only have to take one outfit.
4. No one cares if you have messed up their winter coat by using the clippers too freely.
3. You are allowed to practice in the trail pen all day if you want.
2. You usually place because the classes are small.
1. You get to go home and sleep in your own bed at night.
Ten Things I Hate About One Day Horse Shows.
10. You have to carry your own water because you don't don't want to drag your hose across the parking lot or field where you are parked.
9. Your horse has to stand tied to the trailer all day.
8. The tack room in your trailer seems smaller because you have to bring a lot of stuff with you, even if it is a one day show.
7. You are usually parked in the middle of a field or lot with no shade.
6. Most times someone parks WAY too close to you and you are fearful all day that your horse will kick another horse or another truck.
5. You can never hear your class announced because you are parked so far away.
4. The trail patterns are very sketchy, and they need a lot of explaining.
3. It's harder to hide your mistakes in such small classes.
2. Your classes are too early or too late in the day so you are driving in the dark both ways.
1. You have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to get where you are going and get a good place to park so that items number 6, 7 and 10 aren't such issues.
All and all though the day show was a positive experience, and since Lil Mama and I are working through some training issues with Desi and Bob, I feel it was a good thing.