Friday, August 7, 2009

WICKED

Not me, I'm good!  My daughters and best friend Teri bought me tickets to go see the play-WICKED. Lil Mama went with me, and what a good time we had! We ogled the Orpheum Theater's Moorish architecture, drank GREEN Cosmos- called Wicked Witches- and dressed up.
It was FANTASTIC!
I love plays. I always have. In fact there was a time in my life ( long ago) that I wanted to make theatre my Life! Not on the stage- oh no! I wanted the power of the Director! I directed my High school plays for two years- and even went to the JC with that in mind. Ah well.. life happened and that part of my life disappeared. But the Theater!  With it's lights and music and energy- well it still thrills me like nothing else! And WICKED was a beautiful way to be reintroduced to that long subverted love. 
Of course the book was brilliant, but the play just rounded up the whole story-and opened it up like a Emerald Birthday Gift. 
BTW- FLYING MONKEYS- AWESOME!!!
It was beautiful gift and it is one I will always remember!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's in Austin and I'm tempted to go see it. One of my favorite bumper stickers I see now and again is "Don't make me release the flying monkeys!"

Glad you had a great time!

Chelsi said...

Sounds like fun! I too love the drama and glitter of a theatre! I'd love to act but directing! Yikes! Not for me.

Pony Girl said...

It is one of the best I've seen! I saw it in NYC and then again a year later, I loved it so much. The soundtrack is great, too! I haven't seen musicals in years...now that I have a horse, gotta keep the funds in check and those plays are pricey!