Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Things I've learned this year. Or should have

NO resolutions this year. I made a few last year and wound up hearing God laughing through most of them.
Instead here are a few 'truths' I've figgured out for myself. Call me Captain Obvious if you will, but here they are in black and white.



10.  Never try to find a BART Space at the main stations anytime between 8 and 10 AM. You won't find one.

9.   Always make sure you have enough return money for a trip back to the BART Station from where ever you are in SF. If you don't have it, borrow it. Sure as shootin' you're gonna need it.


8.  The day you decide to dress a little down is the day the Boss notices you.

7.   Never ever leave the house with out looking in the mirror, front and back. You may have a pair of static electrified underwear plastered to the back of your sweater.

6 .    If you are over 50 , never ever put on make-up with out your glasses. Trust me, You can thank me later for that little tip...    


5.   If you bid on an item on a whim- make sure it is a whim you are prepared to live with and pay for.


4.   Nothing in life is a sure thing.







3.    When you start thinking that the Universe has forgotten all about you- it hasn't. It's just biding time to give you what you need.










2.    Learning to live with a fully grown daughter in your home is the greatest gift I've ever received.


1.  Whoever said that Grandchildren are the fountain of youth was right! I sleep like a baby after he's gone, Cry like a baby when he goes away and Drink like a fish in the time in between!( so the metaphor is flawed- sue me!)







What wisdom's have you learned this year? I'd be so happy to find out!

5 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! Those photos are a hoot! And some of your wisdoms cracked me up, like the last one, #5, #6 and #7. lol!

A couple wisdoms I've learned:

4)Be careful what you wish for. If you blast out the song "Let it Snow" when the first flakes start falling and you post how much you can't wait to have a White Christmas, then don't whine when the sky dumps over 2 feet of snow on your butt!

3)If you place a bale of straw on your back porch and allow your chickens to free-range, don't be surprised when they spread the straw all over the porch and try to lay eggs in it.

2)If you own dogs with legs shorter than candy canes, and you get over 2 feet of snow, make sure to clear snow from a large area beyond the porch for them to pee and poo on, or be prepared for accidents.

1)If you dream of going someplace tropical after you're buried under 2+ feet of snow, just have hot, buttered, spiced rum on hand and be sure to drink copious amounts. It's the next best thing.

Happy New Year!

~Lisa

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Love, love, love #7. I can't tell you how many times I got undressed at the end of a long day only to find a black sock stuck to the back of my sweater. I'm like, "Why didn't anyone say anything?"

I guess no one really looks at me, just like I rarely look in the mirror.

The all time most embarrassing moment, though, was when the bottom of my knee-length skirt got tucked into the waistband of my pantyhose, and I walked down an aisle in a theater at an intermission to take my kids to see the band pit. I heard a lot of commotion behind me, but never considered that it was because everyone could see my panties.

Shirley said...

One thing I learned this year was to make sure to obey that little voice that tells you what to do. Ignore it at your peril.
Another thing, you're never too old to start wearing a riding helmet.
Happy New Year to you!

Maia said...

Ok, here I go.

1. Lovely things sometimes come in small packages. Jolie has been a wonder.

2. When things look the bleakest, every now and again a small prayer is all it takes.

3. You get what you expect. Embrace the good and it will come. Fear the worst and it will come too.

4. Oh yes, don't ignore the love that's all around you. In the end it's all you need.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Hahaha-Awesome post and pictures!

Happy New Year to you (and your family)! I hope 2012 brings you everything you have been working toward.