Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's Still Raining and It is June!

You know I live in California for a couple of reasons.
One is the weather. It is balmy and beautiful here most of the year.

Not this year.

It has been cold and raining since October! And it continues to be cold and rainy and now it is JUNE!
MiMi informs me that it last rained here in June 1947! C'mon! That is just wrong!
It rained so hard last night that water in my street ran like a river, gysering and gushing against the tires of my truck.
And the clouds were swirling and black... Did I mention that there have been tornadoes nearby?
I pay a good chunk of change to live in California. I want to know who has changed the weather! I want a refund! If I have to put up with Midwestern United States Weather I want Midwestern United States pricing on everything! I want houses for under $100,000. I want Diesel for $3.00, I want a ton of hay for $7.00 a bale! I want Chicken and Waffle Houses, Great Rib Restaurants and looser gun laws.
If this keeps up I'm gonna move to Texas!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

On the flip side, we're having incredible heat (for us) here in northern WV! The weather has gone crazy.

Maia said...

Well I know that rain can be depressing and cold rain in June is the pits. However, so is a heat index of 105, humidity at 90% and code red air. I think we need to placate the angry weather gods. What happened to sunny, low humidity and a temperature of 85? Maybe we all need to move to Canada.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

We've been on the same weather tract as you, so I feel your pain. I think there are a lot of people in Northern California and Northern Nevada suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder at the moment. Just when you think you are going to get a little warmth and sunshine, the next storm moves in. All I can say is that if we had to suffer through putting our horses in quarantine because of the EHV1 outbreak, at least it happened during lousy weather.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I hear ya. Texas isn't much better, though. We're right next door and they're getting what we are. You may have been getting rain for 8 months, but we've had no rain at all for 10 months. Every day it's 30-40 mph winds, temps above 90F and drought. There is no grass at all, and what we had left over from last year is brown and crisp....perfect fire fodder.
I wonder if we're going into another Historic Dust Bowl.

The weather is crazy all over. I'm worried we have destroyed the zone layer and it's messing up our planets weather patterns.

Hang in there,
~Lisa

Carolyn Plath said...

No - not Texas. I will not allow Texas.

Oklahoma maybe.

xoxo

C.