Friday, February 4, 2011

A different way to have a trainer help you

I am always asking myself the question- How can I have a better ride?

Sometimes the answer is simple- " Ride more." "Drink less." "Be more aware!"

Sometimes the answer is hard, " Quit thinking you know everything!" "Be more consistant." "Try harder!"

But whether the answer is simple or hard, the result will always be a better horse and a better ride.

I read the books.
I go to the clinics.
I listen to the trainers.

Sometimes something will click or stick. Then it 'feels like buttah!' I love that!
In my search I found this little website. Even if you don't pay and join, you can still glean a few gems from it. I am thinking about actually paying and joining- that's how much I think it might be a good thing.
I haven't done it yet- mostly because I am saving all my pennies for the show. ( a proverbial catch 22 if ever there was one).
But I am passing the link on to you all- you can make up your own minds. Whether you ride for fun or for speed or for skill you can probably find something of value in this site.

Giver 'er a go and let me know what you think.




http://www.thehorsetrainingchannel.com/edgetip5.html

1 comment:

Rising Rainbow said...

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

When I saw Shawn Flarida at the WEG I was so impressed with his horse I checked him out and found a website and some kind of online clinic that I'd like to join. Haven't even checked the price out yet but his horses are just soooo soft, I'd love to spend some time finding out how he does that but I'm doing my own counting pennies thing hoping I'm going to get to show. I hate when that happens, don't you??