Saturday, January 10, 2009

Watch This!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRee5IsIgwY&eurl=http://www.western-saddle-guide.com/blog/&feature=player_embedded

I found this over on http://www.western-saddle-guide.com/blog/. It is a great site with tons of information on one of my favorite things- Western Saddles! Plus they scour the Net and list the Deal of the Day- resonably priced saddles you can find and buy on the web- if you dare. I personally have bought and sold about ten saddles on the internet and I have been pleased with all of the sales and the purchases. If you are informed and know what you are doing you can get some great buys- especially now!
I'm in the process of planning for my very own custom build saddle. I know what style of saddle I want, and I have a saddler picked to do the work, but I just have to fine tune the details! It's a labor of love- truely. I just fig'ger that since I've spent over half of my life in a saddle- I deserve one that will fit my aging butt! And I don't need one dripping with silver, I want one that will suit my style ~ Vaquero-ish ~ something unique! (unique up on 'em!)
Watch the video- it's brilliant!

10 comments:

the7msn said...

The video is terrific - thanks for the link. It neatly sums up why custom saddles are worth the money without saying a word.

Heidiwriter said...

Very cool! I have my grandma's saddle, made in Miles City MT, and my brother has my grandpa's saddle, a Hamley made in Pendleton.

Heidi

Tracey said...

Now tell me, what has kept me from visiting this blog in the past???

I love that bucking horse!

I'm claiming your quote on courage and insanity :)

And I was just visiting that saddle blog this morning for the first time!

Looking forward to hearing more about your custom saddle in the works. Wish I could afford one to make a saddle that fits my funky backed gelding. Saddle fitting is such a chore!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Howdy! A good-fitting saddle is essential for my aging butt too, especially since I rarely get in one anymore!
Hey! Your picture on the sidebar...Benecia..
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Benecia! Is that where you are?? My folks lived there for about 18 years before retiring and coming back to WA. I loved visiting there!!! Mom and I used to do a lot of walking there!

Building Life in AK said...

Hey, it's Sara from the old days. On a work trip, and using your blog to help pass the time. Went to the North Pole today, but Santa was gone. I am so thankful it warmed up and was only -30 when I landed this am.
Neat video, and I am anxious to see your saddle.
Chao

Train Wreck said...

Hey come on over I have a nice cool glass of ice cold lemonade waiting for you. Oh all right you can have the whole stand!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Speaking of saddles, we need one for our HUGE stallion Clydesdale. It is tough to fit him!

Meg said...

Thanks for posting that video, it was really good. I have bought custom made saddles in the past...nothing like it...totally worth the money! I can't wait to see how your new saddle progresses, will there be pics?

Love you sweetie, take care and don't be a stranger...oh, wait...it's probably my turn to write, isn't it????

Meg said...

Thanks for posting that video, it was really good. I have bought custom made saddles in the past...nothing like it...totally worth the money! I can't wait to see how your new saddle progresses, will there be pics?

Love you sweetie, take care and don't be a stranger...oh, wait...it's probably my turn to write, isn't it????

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you are showing at Ranch~Hotel...I am barely 5 miles away! I'll come watch!
I went to the Indian Museum about 30 yeears ago when I use to go to Camp Pena Adobe! I LOVE history too!
Trapper Dude has done some leather work...I'll post somein the next week....would love ot see the saddle when ypu get it!